Do you take the time to read the list of ingredients contained in your feminine care products?
While we tend to trust that products sold couldn’t possibly contain harmful ingredients, the reality is very different. There are many skin care products on the market that contain dangerous ingredients and whose safety is completely questionable. Some of these ingredients include synthetic scents, sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS), phthalates and parabens.
- PARABENS are preservatives that are added to cosmetics to increase their durability. Of course they do directly benefit the consumer, but do provide benefits for the manufacturer. In fact, they have adverse effects on us, including estrogenic properties. Some studies on laboratory animals demonstrated that continued application for a certain period of time had abnormal consequences on hormone levels.
- PHTHALATES are a group of chemical compounds that are generally used as plasticizers (additives to plastic materials to increase their flexibility). It’s really hard to imagine that we need plasticizers in our skin care products, yet they can be found in cosmetics, soaps and various lotions.
- LAURYLSOLFATE SODIUM, in brief, SLS is an ingredient that gives foaminess to products such as shampoo or face cleansers. It may cause skin rashes, eczema and other skin irritations
- PERFUMES OR SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES can contain hundreds of chemicals. These ingredients are almost never beneficial or appropriate to the needs of our skin.
- SUPER ABSORBENT POWDERS: Beware that pads may contain something called SAPs, which stands for Super Absorbent Powders. Superabsorbent polymers are made from the polymerization of acrylic acid blended with sodium hydroxide in the presence of an initiator to form a poly-acrylic acid sodium salt (sometimes referred to as sodium polyacrylate). SAP’s also include polyacrylamide copolymer, ethylene maleic anhydride copolymer, cross-linked carboxymethylcellulose, polyvinyl alcohol copolymers, cross-linked polyethylene oxide, and starch grafted copolymer of polyacrylonitrile to name a few. Think how close those chemicals will be to your body. Most women simply aren’t aware of all the chemicals they are interacting with on the most sensitive part of their bodies.
- BLEACH: Some feminine care products are bleached with chlorine. Choose products that use peroxide, a naturally occurring disinfectant, not chlorine bleach.
What can you do to avoid such dangerous ingredients?
First of all, carefully read the list of the components on the labels and do some internet research about their adverse effects of each material. Before using them on your skin, find out what they are and what they exactly do. Or, you can try 100% organic and natural products, like Organyc® 100% pure, organic cotton feminine care products which provide the same protection as the big brands which respect you and your most sensitive skin. A clinical study conducted in France on 306 women (average age: 32 years old) demonstrated that the use of 100% cotton feminine care products reduces skin irritation by 90%, as early as one month later.
I started using Organyc feminine care products, especially their hypoallergenic pads, for various reasons. Since Organyc is made entirely of soft, comfortable organic cotton, everything that touches your sensitive skin is, of course, also organic cotton (the finest type). Organyc brand 100% organic cotton feminine products are breathable, biodegradable, perfume-free and plastic-free.
Organyc moderate flow pads have recently earned Made Safe™ Certification. This signifies that they are literally made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems. It’s the first nontoxic certification to apply to products we use every day.
For the first time, you can find things that are safe to use on your body, with your families, and in your homes. Certified products are examined by scientists to ensure they’re made without known behavioral toxins, carcinogens, developmental toxins, endocrine disruptors, flame retardants, GMOs, heavy metals, neurotoxins, high-risk pesticides, reproductive toxins, toxic solvents, or harmful VOCs.
C.S. Lewis once said, “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different?” One person can change your mood, and one authentic feminine care product can improve your sensitive skin irritation. For everything else, there’s a hot fudge sundae with chocolate chip ice-cream and extra whipped cream and a damn intense yoga class.
PROVEN FACT: Using 100% Cotton Pads will Reduce Vaginal Irritation and Discomfort
Living the Authentic Lifestyle
10 Things you will NOT find in any Organyc Sensitive Skin Feminine Care Products
Clinical Study: Proof that Organyc resolves sensitive skin issues
Get $6.00 in Organyc coupons by answering several questions about your experience. Click here. It will take just two minutes, and we never share information.
About Organyc sensitive skin feminine care products. Organyc feminine care products are made of 100% organic cotton inside and out are the only brand which provides complete protection for you and your sensitive skin. They absorb as well as the leading brands and are cotton-soft and gentle. Conceived in Milan, Italy, they are now available at leading stores and ecommerce retailers throughout the U.S. To order a sample (tampons, liners or pads) or learn more call 1-844-ORGANYC (1-844-674-2692) or visit the Samples & Coupons page.